Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Gun Owners' Pals

Sen. Obama will be a strong voice an unabashed voice for America's hunters and shooters and it is with great pleasure that we endorse his candidacy,” President of the Association Ray Schoenke said, citing Obama’s commitment to the traditions of gun ownership.
Yeah, the moles at AHSA are a "gun group" alright. And ain't nobody our friend like Thulsa.

Check out this outstanding bit of nonsensical weasel-wording and misdirection:
“I’m not sure I think in talking with the campaign that Senator Obama has not taken a position on the DC gun ban case,” but said that they were conformable enough with his position that he supports individual rights under the 2nd amendments to endorse him.
Good grief, Ray, did you wake up one morning and say to yourself "I want to be a worm-tongued putz," or is this something you've been working on for a lifetime?

To WarOnGuns readers, I hope you don't just keep stuff like this to yourself. I hope you warn other gun owners about this Fifth Column in the gun rights movement. I hope if their representatives show up at ranges or gun shows to recruit (do they do that, or even have any "regular" members who aren't part of their subversive little cabal?) that you have the facts (you clicked on the "AHSA" link, right?) to expose them for what they are to any who will listen.

5 comments:

GunRights4US said...

I didn't know until I learned it here. But you can bet that every hunter and shooter I know will hear it from me (as I point them to this fantastic blog!)

Anonymous said...

Senator "Bitter" Obama will be a voice against America's hunters and shooters, as he has been in the past, is now, and has promised to be in the future - Schoenke's tinfoil hat mentality notwithstanding.
We've had too much of our gun rights taken away already for someone like Schoenke to advocate taking away more. If Ray really wants to do his fellow hunters and shooters a favor he should find a hammer and nail his ignorant mouth shut instead of functioning as a glib and facile stooge for the gun banners. The man does a gross disservice to freedom, and it turns my stomach.

Ken said...

As seems so often to be the case, the Professor nails it, in the dialogue on the steps of Orthanc:

"The words of this wizard stand on their heads."

Also:

"'...You are a liar, Saruman, and a corrupter of men’s hearts. You hold out your hand to me, and I perceive only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just — as it was not, for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine for your own profit, as you desired — even so, what will you say of your torches in Westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Háma’s body before the gates of the Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the house of Eorl. A lesser son of great sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewhither. But I fear your voice has lost its charm.'"

I may be as big a geek as ever drew breath, but I find these passages particularly apt to the day.

David Codrea said...

Oldsmoblogger, come back and talk to me about being a geek when you can quote passages from this like: He would have finished him off then and there, but pity stayed his hand. "It's a pity I've run out of bullets" he thought, as he went back up the tunnel. . .

Ken said...

Was a long time since I read BOTR, and I couldn't quote it (I didn't quote mine from memory, though I know most of it--it was your "worm-tongued" line that brought it to mind). I bow to a professional. ;-)