Tuesday, April 01, 2008

NJ Intent on Destroying Sarco

Sarco Inc., one of the nation's largest wholesale and retail suppliers of firearms and parts, is in danger of losing its state license to sell weapons because of alleged lax security measures.

Sarco's state license to operate was supposed to expire on Monday, but a Superior Court judge in Morristown last week extended the license until this Friday, when he said he would hear arguments on whether Sarco owner Charles Steen should have it renewed for another three years.
I've been holding up commenting about this thread from Gunboards.com since the weekend. I wanted to verify it before spreading what might just be a destructive rumor, so I called Sarco yesterday morning. The lady I spoke with told me the person I needed to talk with was unavailable, so I left my information and requested a call back, which never happened. Considering their legal position, it's understandable that they'll want to keep their cards held in close.

This news story confirms what was discussed on the forum--a former employee stole around 50 firearms. Gee, no wonder missing guns are "showing up in places they shouldn't." And now it looks like bigger thieves are set on victimizing the supplier again. The police state of New Jersey seems to have found a way to influence the national supply chain and destroy a business they hate, all in one stroke.

There is one silver lining: they could not have obtained a better attorney for navigating the labyrinth of New Jersey "gun laws."

[Via John R]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They could damn sure find a better venue for conducting their business. And they should.

Anonymous said...

Does that mean NJ will expel all ATF agents and their field offices from NJ. They have far far fewer guns in inventory and have lost control of almost twice as many as SARCO. And no thieves have been caught for the ATF guns, but SARCO's thief has been.

Is every department store with a shoplifting problem going to lose its business license?

I would say something really ugly about NJ, but I couldn't do it. STD's you know.

Anonymous said...

As of 4:45 Eastern, the website has a "under construction" message/placeholder instead of the normal site, but their eBay store 'ocras2007' is still up and running.

I'm glad I bought the target sight for my No4 Enfield, but quite annoyed that I've been screwing around about buying an Argentine HiPower from them.

I'm choosing to interpret the Judge's decision to extend their license as a hopeful sign, but who knows? This is Joisey, after all.

Anonymous said...

PA is not that far away

Anonymous said...

As a Jewess in the US, may I remind everyone that criminals are stopped by FIREARMS, not by talk? And that America wasn't won with a registered gun? That is why all REAL Americans put our 2nd Amendment FIRST!