Friday, April 25, 2008

Proof That Bloomberg's Not "Anti-Gun"

Machine Gun-Toting Officers To Patrol NYC Subway...

"It's going to make me feel safer, much safer, yes it will."
Now hold on just a dang minute here.

I thought the purpose of these "bullet hoses" was to kill as many people as quickly as possible. How the hell are you going to deploy them in a crowded subway station, or sardine-packed subway car, with requisite precision and without massive "friendly fire collateral damage"?

And what's with names like "Hercules teams"? Kind of a comic book action hero mindset there, don't you think? In an elite "we have huge balls" 'roid rage kind of way. Just what we need more of for New York "Only Ones."

$151 million from Homeland Security? Bender's outfit? I thought I felt the "Vote Freedom First President's" touch on this.

I know "they hate us because we're free" and all, but I'm starting to wonder just how much "freer" the government intends to make us.

What with Bloomberg's and Ray Kelly's demonstrable love of high tech firepower, I don't suppose trusting the true "first responders" is an option...?

5 comments:

Ken said...

"they hate us because we're free"

The statement is accurate. It just appears that it's true for more given values of "they" than one realizes at first.

Anonymous said...

Bloomie LOVES guns, as long as they are making sure he is safe and that the peasants can be controlled...

Anonymous said...

Funny timing on the heels of a bought judges acquittal of uniformed city mandated murderers, don't you think?

I guess now that they know for sure they can kill anydamnbody they wish without facing justice they are preparing a really intense object lesson.

Think I'm wrong, just wait.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or did one cop with an M4 muzzle sweep like a dozen people on a bench with his finger on the trigger?

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

illspirit:

It's not just you. Two of the three in the first scene had their fingers on the trigger with the muzzle crossing bystanders. The one in the middle had his along the receiver.

My concern is that no one seems to be worried about overpenetration with these "high powered rifles" in a crowded subway station or car.

I wonder what will happen when the dogs find someone who works with explosives for a living? How long will he be interrogated before they he's not a terrorist?