Tuesday, April 01, 2008

We're the Only Ones Tommy Udo Enough

Video showing a woman being pushed down some stairs by a police officer that led to a battery charge against the woman has prompted calls for charges against the officer. [More]
Yeah, that and lying about it and filing false charges makes an eight-hour suspension seem about right, wouldn't you say?



What is this, "Only Ones" imitate art?

Incidentally, if you didn't hear it, Richard Widmark passed away last week. Sadly, my appreciation for his work as a classic American film actor is tempered by disappointment in his real life support for citizen disarmament:
...Widmark often portrayed killers, cops and Western gunslingers. But he said he hated guns.

"I know I've made kind of a half-assed career out of violence, but I abhor violence," he remarked in a 1976 Associated Press interview. "I am an ardent supporter of gun control. It seems incredible to me that we are the only civilized nation that does not put some effective control on guns."
Which I guess means he preferred the advantage going to psychotics on both sides of the law who push women down stairs.

[Via DONE! SEO]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not know what other people would do, but did I live in Orlando and had any interaction with officer Trinidad, I wouid be prepared to and would do if at all possible him great bodily harm. I would not allow him to initiate an assault on me and then try to send me to prison for being his victim.

A no good sonofabitch like that with the backing of the department can only be solved one way. And he obviously isn't the only no good sonofabitch in the Orlando PD. It appears they have a full roster of the motherless bastards.

And those are my more acceptable sentiments on the issue.

Anonymous said...

So- the only ones investigated an "only one" and found no crimes.

Like that's unusual.

Kinda like the Mafia investigating the Mafia - but I bet that a Goodfella would have his ass handed to him if he abused a woman under similar circumstances.

Anonymous said...

I keep being told that the vast majority of LEOs do not condone this behaviour. If that is truly the case then why are they not policing their own ranks?

Anonymous said...

because they do condone it. and aid and abet.