Friday, May 23, 2008

Cav Arms Indictment Still Sealed?

Three posts up from the bottom of the page, from "Cabby":
Ok...News from the Eastern front.

I got a call from Sen. Chambilss' Chief of staff this morning. With Sen. Kyle in the lead they have made inquiry into this matter with the ATF. The ATF has responded that they can not comment, as the INDICTMENT IS STILL SEALED!!! WTF!!!

Has anyone else heard this?

Ok enough bad news. From my conversation with Chambliss' office:

The good news is that a number of Senators are really pissed at the ATF. The directors confirmation has been shelved. On Jan. 21, 2009 he will be out on his ass. Red's Trading Post was brought into the conversation, and not by me!!!

I think we may actually have friendly troops in Washington who are actually willing to stand and fight on this one.
I need to include my standard caveat when dealing with raw and unconfirmed data. I post this because cases like this really do affect us all, even if only tangentially, and we're sure not getting this news about how "our" government operates from the "watchdog media."

But again--I have not confirmed this and view it as interesting, plausible and even likely, but just not validated by me. The info is out there--so I'd just as soon people getting it know to keep that in mind before drawing other speculative conclusions.

Assuming it's reliable, such behavior is intolerable. Let's hope some of those "friendly troops in Washington" are in a stomping mood.

[Via Jed]

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I want to see the warrant, and I want to see the indictment. There is ZERO reason for both to be sealed.

Anonymous said...

ATFlunkies are telling the U.S Senate "That's classified"?!?

Defund, disband, indict, imprison.

I hope y'all are right and Congress IS getting a sense of the mood of the People concerning at least the public relations aspect of ATF behavior.