Tuesday, May 20, 2008

David E. Young Meets the Gunbloggers

David E. Young shares his experiences meeting gun bloggers at the NRA Annual Meeting:

All went well at the Convention. The interview was obviously read by a lot of the gunbloggers. I am certain it generated interest. Many of them mentioned it.

Two young men stopped me out in the main entranceway the afternoon before the Show started and asked if I was David Young. They saw my picture on your interview page. One said he was Sebastian. That rang a bell, so I said Snowflakes in Hell. The other indicated he was Say Uncle.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, more and more gunbloggers stopped by at the booth to say hi to Dave Hardy and I. I think that all of them had read your interview. Here is a partial list.

A Keyboard and a 45
Bloggo the dog boy
Captain of a Crew of One
damnum absque injuria
Dave Kopel
Days of our Trailers
Gun Pundit
Say Uncle
Sharp as a Marble
The Bitch Girls (Bitter)
The Smallest Minority
Snowflakes in Hell
The View from North-Central Idaho
View from the Porch

There were others. I cannot remember them all at the moment.

I have been to eleven consecutive NRA Shows ending in 2004. None were so much fun as this one. It was a blast, especially because of all the bloggers stopping by and knew something about me due to your interview.

Thank you again, David.

One last thing. For anyone who has copies of my books*, there are up to date errata lists on my webpage. Those serious about accuracy should check these lists and correct the few printing errors I have located in the volumes. Also, if anyone notices an error, please bring it to my attention.

The bloggers listed may or may not have seen the interview, but I'm glad things went well. One other bit of good news: My editor at GUNS Magazine gave me the green light to review "The Founders' View of the Right to Bear Arms," so I have some work to do to meet deadline.

* That would be all of you, right?

2 comments:

Stephen said...

i have my books on order.

chris horton said...

"gun bloggers," or maybe, Blue
Button Lovers........