Monday, May 12, 2008

We're the Only Ones High and Mighty Enough

"People don't get it," Holcomb said. "When you go to an airport, the only people that can carry a gun are federal agents."
Demonstrably untrue.

You can also get away with it if you're an anti-gun mayor.

But you're right, I don't get it. That's why I post stories about "The Only Ones."

I also like the presumption that "it was not clear why he was carrying it," as if exercising rights demands an explanation. By the same token, I can't get too worked up over this. If Dennis Farina spent 20 years in the Chicago PD, I have to believe he was a willing part of a machine that grinds people up every day for similar "crimes"--speaking of which, let's see if state charges for illegal concealed carry are also pressed--as they would be against you or me.

UPDATE: HZ points out the ex-Chi-Town cop was flying to handgun-free Chicago.

[Via Maureen]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, to be so privileged that I could FORGET I had a concealed weapon, instead of being aware at all times so as not to inadvertently break any laws depending on where I am. I can only dream.
"If Dennis Farina spent 20 years in the Chicago PD, I have to believe he was a willing part of a machine that grinds people up every day for similar "crimes"--"
Farina is a variety of wheat. What do we do with wheat? GRIND IT.

Anonymous said...

if Dennis Farina in the Chicago PD for 20 years he would be qualified for "Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act" -- to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of any state or local law to the contrary, with certain exceptions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enforcement_Officers_Safety_Act