Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Wallace: No Surrender!

Smyrna gun shop owner Jay Wallace ended his current courtroom fight against a New York City lawsuit on Monday, saying that the trial was unfair and he accepted a judgment against him so he could appeal to a higher court.

"I wasn't getting a fair shake here in this court, so why should I continue?" Wallace said after the morning's legal action.
I was disheartened this morning to learn of this through Bloomberg's press release, which paints a very different picture of surrender--figures he would rely on misleading and omitting important facts to paint himself a media victory.

I wasn't aware that Bloomberg co-conspirator Judge Weinstein had relegated the jury to advisors only, in essence assigning to himself the role of judge, jury and executioner. And it looks like my suspicion about Bloomberg not testifying was correct.

Mr. Wallace's decision to withdraw and choose another venue that is not so blatantly corrupt is smart. He is indeed proving himself to be a bold and principled man, and worthy of our respect and support.

When I only had the Bloomberg press release to go on, I was going to say something about people not supporting Adventure Outdoors in its defense. Now that I've had a chance to see what's really going on I realize those who have not yet helped out have been given another chance.

Please go here and contribute to the defense fund. And spread the word.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloomberg and Paterson crowing about federal gun regulation the same day. Somebody's going to pay attention...
But, as they used to say in the civil rights era, we shall not be moved.

Anonymous said...

This case mocks every elected lawmaker in congress as fools and idiots by allowing such a farce of a federal judge to stay on the bench.
When a federal judge is acting in such criminal actions to cheat a citizen out of his Constitutional rights and congress sits on their hands we have a very serious problem because it's not even being hidden but blatantly showcased to rub American citizen's noses in.
Every day the American citizens avenues of legal actions are being destroyed by criminal judges. Congress needs to take action to show we still have a legal system that works for and not stacked against Americans.

Ken said...

In addition to donating to the defense fund (something I need to do myself), there'll be another job to do. Most of the legacy media won't tell this story properly, so we have to keep it out there any way possible, after the case moves into the federal courts.

One also hears rumors that Bloomberg is on McCain's short list, although I doubt even McCain could be that tone-deaf and stoopid. I've been wrong often enough before, though.

Anonymous said...

Here's the huge issue wiht this criminal actions of this case. This isn't a criminal trial but a trial that a man stands to lose his legal business and his livelyhood. This isn't a game its about people earning a living to pay their bills, taxes and feed their families. This is beyond firearms, it hits at the very heart of freedom.

Anonymous said...

We are so close to THIS:
A California-based blogger who allegedly accused a judge of "prostituting herself" has been arrested and charged in Singapore, his lawyer and a court document said Monday.
Gopalan Nair, a former Singapore lawyer who is now a US citizen, was arrested in the city-state Saturday and charged Monday with insulting a public servant."

Congress? That would be the opposite of PROgress. We've been the voice crying in the wilderness for 15 years since Waco and longer. If Congress intended to improve the situation, we'd see evidence of it by now. I'd love to hear about some.
Articles like this convince me that I DON'T worry about this stuff too much but not quite enough.

Anonymous said...

I don't worry about it at all anymore. I know what will happen. And I know which side I am on.

I resent it, I regret it, but there's no point to worrying about the inevitable. The bastards won't learn, leaves not much choice.

Jay Wallace said...

Thank you David for your blog. You are so right about this situation. I can't even tell you or put on my site the future intentions of the City because of legal restraints. I can say there intended actions are wide spread and intrusive to freedom as we know it. I did not ask to be put in this light but knowing what I know I must fight with everything I have, both body and soul and I do truly need help from everyone who has an understanding as to what is at stake here. I ask that everyone send emails to everyone they have on there email lists keeping them informed on a regular basis. Contact local and national firearm groups also elected officials and let them know how they feel and question what they are doing about this important situation. Trust me, there is much to loose by doing nothing. The jury system was set up to protect individuals from the rich and powerful. The Constitution is for everyone all the time and should not be taken away by a judge who has preconceived agenda driven intentions. Thanks again for your help. Jay Wallace bloombergfightbackfund.com