Friday, September 12, 2008

Bob Barr Showing Leadership

Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party nominee for president, has invited GOP Congressman Ron Paul to be his running mate in the upcoming election.
I know this says his presumptive running mate, Wayne Root is OK with this, but what about the LP delegates who approved the ticket? I don't pretend to know how that process works, but I'd assume party leadership is more than simply placing a crown on one's own head. I also find it more than curious that there is currently nothing about this on the LP website, or blog, or press release page.

So what reason could Barr have for doing this?

Oh, I don't know...

[Via Matthew Maynard]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Dr. Paul takes this bait which I can't see happening would be shocking.
My personal hunch is this is being done because Barr is playing on Dr. Paul's good name to get the dirt off of his name. Dr. Paul should come out and tell Barr, there's no way I can be a part of your agenda because you have proved yourself to be a coward and a liar. So don't drag my name into your corner in hopes of doing some damage control.
Let's hope Dr. Paul call this like it is so he doesn't have people try and label him with Barr's dirt down the road.

Kent McManigal said...

Or, you could support REAL change.

Anonymous said...

I read that Barr refused to attend a press conference of third-party candidates because Paul wouldn't endorse McCain.
Doesn't sound like Barr wants CHANGE to me. Sounds like third parties are the last refuge of a particular statist scoundrel.

jon said...

dr. paul was furious, of course, about barr not showing up for the press conference and then

- having the Hope he could let his minions publicly blast ron paul for, god forbid, selling campaign material that people wanted, selling a book that people wanted, and

- having the Audacity to offer him a VP slot on a libertarian ticket?

did bob barr go crazy?