Tuesday, November 04, 2008

God of Guns

[W]ho will have the courage to stand up to bullies with guns -- whether it's the National Rifle Association or the Pentagon -- and get them to, in the words of Andy Partridge and the band XTC, "melt the guns, never more to fire them; melt the guns, never more desire them"?

Who will finally be able to convince Americans that the god of guns is the god that failed?
It certainly won't be you, genius, or Andy Partridge, or even the band XTC, as much as I respect you all.

See, we rational gun owners never mistook our tools for totems in the first place--you, the superstitious, the ignorant, the primitive and the cowardly are the ones assigning...well, who knows what you're doing? You obviously don't.

You might want to remind the South Koreans though, were it not for American guns, they'd all be eating the sacrament of grass and prostrating themselves before the god "Dear Leader," which seems to be what state-worshiping herbivores like you want for all of us.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish my posting and hurry on. Realizing we're all just acolytes to the inanimate, I have sacred log rituals to perform later today in service to the God of Mauls.

[Via David H]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wasn't it a florida politician who pushed to ban new NFA toys in the 80's, who later admitted he got most of his statistics from watching "Miami Vice"? Well, you can't say the Senator from Illinois doesn't have a "track record"

Sean said...

Cute. G*dless pinko telling me I worship lifeless material. Who died of a brain fart and left him in charge? I worship the G*d of my fathers, Abraham,Issac, and Joseph, through His Son, Jesus Christ. Actually, it sounds kind of funny, maybe even corny. But, for me, it works. I've even heard it may work for a few others. I'd rather have gun for a tool, than be one. Since this guy never wants one, more for me.

Kent McManigal said...

"Bullies with guns"? It is bullies with government that worry me more. They have guns too, and use them to hurt innocent people at a much greater rate than freelance thugs do. And because they have "laws" backing them up, they get away with it all too often.

I'm not superstitious at all, and certainly don't worship my guns. I do value liberty rather highly, though, and know my guns help me keep it in the face of such superstitious nonsense as this turd is spouting.