Thursday, November 06, 2008

Ready for My Close-Up

Yeah, what better way to deter self-centered sociopaths than to make them even bigger celebrities on their turf than they already are? Think about it: We're inundated with programs like "COPS" and "America's Most Wanted." TV reports and news accounts regularly plaster names, faces and exploits of fugitive suspects for all to see. And we're supposed to believe that this nonsense and waste of resources will prevent...what, exactly?
"Ready for My Close-Up" is today's Gun Rights Examiner offering.

As always, I appreciate whatever buzz on these columns WarOnGuns regulars are willing to help me generate.

2 comments:

The Stark Raving Viking said...

I clicked your link to the newspaper, and then posted this comment:

It is easier for downtown police officers to go after home and business owners who complain, needing police protection and service than it is to investigate crimes.

Women have been raped in downtown areas and officers not wanting to do any work, can and do, threaten women with arrest for making a "false statement" to police.

A young woman was beaten unconscious, raped, and left nude in a dark parking lot. She was threatened for trying to report the crime. Recounting her story a week later, 2 officers tazered her, and stripped her at lock-up for her safety as she has large breasts.

I used to own rental properties in Stafford Springs, Connecticut. I had a pistol permit and a drug dealer chased me into my home with a gun, mine was bigger, and he ran out of my house.

I wrote in newspapers, so officers had their prostitute and drug dealer associates target me. I was arrested and got a year in prison for resisting being mugged on my own property. The mugger, a felon, was given immunity for beating on me and trying to rob me, as self-defense in Connecticut is illegal even on your property.

So, if you arent' allowed to defend yourself, it makes no sense to have a gun. Try doing a word search on "Steven G. Erickson"

Anonymous said...

I have noticed for some time that most of the shows on TV involve the worship of cops, federal agents and homeland security agents. I can't get away from Law & Order. Also, have you noticed that reality cop shows dominate even on Animal Planet? Some of the shows have "hero" in the name.

I know that Animal Planet has other problems, but the cop angle bothers me the most. I love animals and I am quite silly about them--but unlike some others--I recognize my own silliness.