Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Blago Proves Wounded Animals Still Dangerous

In a surprise move by the embattled yet comically maniacal Illinois Governor, Blagojevich has tapped former Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris to replace Barack Obama in the Senate. [More]
Dare we ask about guns?
"If I ban them, I'm going to be the first one to burn mine."
"If I ban them."

That's some serious megalomania going on there. Who better to replace The Lightworker?

He just "didn't get around to" turning his gun in after he made political hay urging others to surrender theirs?

I wonder if he's gotten around to re-registering it every year, like another powerful member of the Illinois political machine...?
It's a little, small thing. I just have it there for safety...
Indeed.

5 comments:

Thirdpower said...

It's actually "Roland" Burris.

According to the Trib's "Clout Street":

"Former Illinois Atty. General Roland Burris called him to say he was storing a gun in Decatur because he forgot to renew his registration, Mell said. The engraved shotgun was given to Burris by Illinois State Police when Burris left office, the alderman added."

Kent McManigal said...

I wonder how much the job cost him.

David Codrea said...

Original story corrected to "Roland" so my quote copy followed suit.

W W Woodward said...

These people are always exempt from the laws they pass for other people to follow or go to jail.

Most federal goons as well as most legislators from all the fifty states. You'll note I did say "most" there are exceptions, but they're few and far between.

The laws I vote on and help pass are designed to apply to the people we rule err.. serve, not me.

Anonymous said...

"The engraved shotgun was given to Burris by Illinois State Police when Burris left office"

Ya gotta wonder whose gun the state police gave him!