Thursday, December 11, 2008

Burka Abeam

[Click to enlarge, then read caption]
This was just emailed to me.

At first I thought it must be Photoshopped, but Comment #11 would indicate some kind of independent corroboration. If it's real, all I can say is "Good grief" and link over to my "Authorized Journalist" files.

Either way, it's funny. Anyone who can verify or debunk, please weigh in.

UPDATE: CONFIRMED AS REAL. The person who sent it to me is also the one who scanned it. He tells me "it ran in the Los Angeles Daily News on Dec 10, 08 on Page A21."

Dec. 16 UPDATE: Jay Leno talked about it last night (start at 10:43 into the show).



--------------

Be sure and visit my Gun Rights Examiner column.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good Lord. Please tell me that this guy is the only one who has been hiding out under a rock for the past four years.

Next thing you'll know, he'll ask, "What's all this talk about a DC vs. Hellman's ruling, and what does it have to do with gun control, anyway?"

Kent McManigal said...

When your "readers" are functionally illiterate, things like that don't really matter. Only the "pretty pictures".

Anonymous said...

Spell check can be rude.

-SayUncle

Anonymous said...

"Burka Abeam" sounds like a line from the muslim version of Moby Dick.

:)

chris horton said...

Islamic Sandals/Shoes?

Anonymous said...

That's either some really biting satire, or the most hilariously serendipitous error I've seen!