Thursday, December 04, 2008

Drunk Drivers Against Guns

Circuit Court Judge Earl Hoffenberg ordered Ditka's driver's license suspended for six months because he had refused to take a test after he was arrested for drunken driving...
Yeah, it was some years ago, but I don't care.

His calling for a blanket ban on gun ownership based on profession was stupid and obnoxious enough to where it's fair to wonder if he'd been drinking.

Besides, CUM ULLA SELLA IN PUGNO TABERNA. And I wouldn't mind taking that bar fight to his restaurants in Chicago and Pittsburgh, at least as far as gun owners spending any money there.

[Via Avg Joe]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The comments posted on that site are a treat.

Anonymous said...

I have to correct one thing in the article you linked:

"Ditka's proposal will never happen, but Ditka deserves credit for pointing out a simple fact that Burress learned the hard way: If you carry a gun around and you're a complete dick, you're more likely to hurt yourself than protect yourself."

No mention at all, of course, of the thousands and thousands of us who carry handguns daily, in complete safety, because we took the time to learn how and we don't screw around.

Sheesh. There just aren't any good guys in this story.

Anonymous said...

Not only was he driving drunk he wasn't man enough to take the test because he can't deal with his own mistakes.
By Ditka's own actions, he's a, do as I say not as I do, kind of person.
Ditka's actions: Yea I can willfully get blasted on the team jet and willfully get behind the wheel and drive. If a cop stops me, screw them, I ain't taking no test.
While I agree with the man standing up for the Fifth Amendment, I think he's a puke for attacking the Second Amendment.
I just wonder how many times he got blasted on the team jet and drove home drunk and was never pulled over.

Kent McManigal said...

No one should EVER submit to a test (or search) if stopped. But cooperate if you feel you must.