Thursday, December 11, 2008

Vermont, SC

A South Carolina House member is filing a bill to allow residents to carry weapons without a permit.
Not to pick nits, but I'd prefer instead of "allow" that it read "A South Carolina House member is filing a bill to prosecute any government agent who infringes on the right of citizens to carry weapons."

But in the interest of not being an intractable three-percenter who doesn't know how to compromise, I'll give this a qualified pass.

Which, unfortunately, is more than the legislature will.

[Via Zachary G]

UPDATE: I've been sent a link to the actual bill and told it may not be as cut and dried as the AP article indicates. I'll have more tomorrow.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Thanks David for tipping me off to this. I will be writing my representative and senator shortly to let them know I expect them to vote favorably.

Anonymous said...

As will I!