Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Easy Access"

He has repelled two monsters, this brave youth, most certainly saving his grandmother, and probably himself, as murderers tend not to look upon witnesses with favor. He has stopped a violent crime from happening and assured that at least one sociopathic reptile will never again find human victims.

So where are the headlines: RESPONSIBLE ARMED YOUTH SAVES LIVES...? I mean, the press is supposed to be objective and unbiased, right?

Do you think the scenario may have played out differently had the wonks at Handgun Control, Inc., been heeded?[More]
I dust off an old article for my Gun Rights Examiner readers who probably have not seen it.

You may not have, either.

Tell a friend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David, you sound like Dad. Dad grew up on a ranch in a small town north of Kingman, AZ. When he went to school, everyone had a knife. Some kids rode their horses and had 30-30 lever actions in the saddle scabbards. Nobody got hurt.

I once forgot I had a round of live ammo in my wallet after going shooting when I was in high school. I had carried it with me when not as school as a kind of talisman if you know what I mean. I was over 18 so legal to possess it. It earned me a 1 week suspension pending administrative review on a firs offense for having "an explosive device." They initially said it wasn't that it was ammunition that caused the problem, it was the explosive bit. Later, in a conversation with Mom, the discipline guy at school said, "But Mrs. Parrothead - it's a HOLLOW POINT BULLET!!! This from the guy with the vodka in his coffee. Mom and Dad both grew up in rural AZ with good parents and said that I shouldn't worry, but should instead take the car and go have fun at the monster truck rally with my friends.

I just wish we could get back to a better time and that the Constitution was still respected.