Friday, January 30, 2009

Questioning Rosanna Pulido for Congress?

I've been seeing a growing buzz on this candidate in the gun community. [More]

I also note that replacing Rahm Emanuel with even a nominally pro-gun candidate would be an improvement.

So I don't mean to take out my ongoing disillusionment on her--it's just that I've been wooed by "pro-gun Republicans" before. For decades. And here we are.

So when I see her 2nd Amendment page not only misspells Hale DeMar's name, but doesn't even touch on the core meaning of the right in terms of being a safeguard against tyranny, you'll excuse me if I don't wonder just how deep the well goes. Plus, I gotta tell you--stumping for Chi-Town "Only Ones" doesn't exactly put a Liberty lump in my throat.

Let her unequivocally answer a few questions and I'll be happy to consider her candidacy based on how she does:

1. Do you believe that the Constitution is the "supreme law of the land" and that the Bill of Rights acknowledges the birthrights of all Americans?

2. If so, should these rights be proactively protected from infringement by all levels of government, including city, county and state?

3. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider constitutional.

4. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider unconstitutional.

5. Does the right to bear arms include the right for any peaceable citizen to carry them concealed without a permit, as in Vermont?

6. Do you believe that Americans have a right to own, use and carry weapons of military pattern?

7. Do you support or oppose calls to “enforce existing gun laws”?

8. Do you support or oppose licensing requirements to own or carry firearms? Why?

9. What specific gun laws will you work to get repealed?

10. If elected, will you back your words of support for firearms rights up with consistent actions? How?

[Via John Richardson]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to ask, "Which federal gun laws do you think criminals obey the most?"

John Hardin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.