Wednesday, January 07, 2009

We're the Only Ones Pushy Enough

Chattanooga Police Det. Kenneth Freeman will not face charges in an incident in which he shoved a 71-year-old greeter at the Wal-Mart in Collegedale to the floor after he tried to stop him while doing a receipts check.

Collegedale Police declined to bring charges... [More]
Could I be more surprised?

Y'know, assaulting old people and shoving customers through glass sounds like grand fun. I wonder if that sport is available to all of us, or reserved exclusively for the "Only Ones"?

We could ask Collegedale PD Chief Cramer: dcramer@collegedaletn.gov

And we could ask Chatanooga PD Chief Cooper: WebPoliceDept@mail.chattanooga.gov

Think they'd tell us to shove it? Let's find out:



[Via RCB]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...Cpl. Larry Robbins Jr. of the Collegedale Police said he decided not to bring assault charges against Det. Freeman, saying the incident was a misdemeanor not committed in the presence of an officer,..."

I am at a loss for words. The cops will very soon be viewed as legally immune to wrongdoing.

To quote Chris Christopherson, "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose." Many years ago I didn't understand that statement. These kinds of incidents make it clear...When you have nothing to lose (i.e. when they might kill you anyway, at their discretion), all options are open.

Longbow

Anonymous said...

I've been to Chattanooga. I may have even been to that Wal-Mart. If my timing had been better, things would have gone a LEEETLE differently. As it is, I'm sure I'll see something like it in my own AO, the way things are going. See you on the news...

Fits said...

They'll most likely invite you to come and try,David, as other cowards have done in the past, knowing full well that they can easily assemble a large enough contingent of thugs to teach you a lesson. One of these days that sort of thinking is going to backfire.

Anonymous said...

Sent to both: Topic; cowards, liars, and outlaw vagina in your area:::

I will be very brief. Cpl Robbins is a liar. Det. Freeman is a pussy. And you are a disgrace for allowing this crap. Of course that is only the opinion of a man, something you wouldn't know anything about.

(signed with my real name)

Anonymous said...

I'm all for hating a bully cop, but that "greeter" had no right to stop the guy. Those stupid alarms go off all the time and are not indicative of theft. These stores need to better train their people that without probable cause they must not touch or impede the movement of customers.