Sunday, January 18, 2009

When Authorized Journalists and Only Ones Collide

When the deputy stopped the car, Rhodes got out and his pants and belt were undone... [More]
I can't tell you how refreshing it is to finally find an "Authorized Journalist" who is so intimately familiar with and has such a firm grasp of his subject matter...

As for being "charged with obstructing or opposing an officer without violence," that's OK. The "Only One" more than made up for your nonviolence, Mr. Rhodes. And I see by your apology you apparently believe you got what you deserved. You're a bad citizen. Bad, bad bad...

Continue being a useful cheerleader for the police state.

Speaking of which, who do you think worked him over...I mean, "forced him to the ground"...?

A peace officer or a law enforcement officer?

Y'know if that face is the result of citizen nonviolence, some of us might be inclined to consider a more...robust resistance...

[Via Ed M]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! First off anyone that would drink and drive is an idiot. This news guy's understanding of self surviving skill is lacking. You never go out into public with any reason for being stopped by government agents. If stopped play the game and than go on your way.
Being it had to happen to a propagandist, so be it.
Which brings me to a joke:
Does anyone know the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

Kent McManigal said...

No one should be "treated" to LEO brutality. Except those "few bad apples".

Anonymous said...

Imagine that. Caught while driving with his belt unbuckled and pants unbuttoned! That indicts half the population driving home after Thanksgiving dinner. Shame on them.
The article states the deputy was "off-duty". Was he in full uniform and in a marked vehicle?

Kent McManigal said...

You mean... some people wear PANTS while driving?!?

Anonymous said...

@James: A porcupine has its pricks on the outside. And I happen to drive a BMW because I love it and can afford to. Unless you've driven one, you have no idea how well they handle and corner. My only wish is that it was a little cheaper so that I could buy more guns.

Anonymous said...

steve k, I know you won't believe this but the best cornering machine I ever drove was a '69 Fury III, that would not squat into a corner, but would actually tend to roll up to the outside. There was no way to break that beautiful sonofabitch loose. I never figured out why you couldn't shake it loose. took me a long time to quit peeing my pants when that inside came up. I could never figure why 135 mph average over a course of 350 miles, no speeding in towns, and 20 mpg, was average performance for it.

Ireally miss that sob. \

I know my comment is off-topic but I'm just a little in my cups tonight , and remembering some of my best, but most stupid fun.