Wednesday, February 04, 2009

OK, Let's Say He Was Wrong

Robert Ollie Sr. said Tuesday he called 911 when he heard the fight begin between his son and four other men, but he said he received a busy signal that Sunday night. [More]
Let's say he was mistaken and misdialed the number.

Or let's say his call had gotten through.

Does anyone seriously believe it would have made a damn bit of difference?

Via WarOnGuns Correspondent GK, who tells me:
This happened pretty near me, and there was an armed robbery across the street this last week and a sexual assault about 1/8th of a mile away...

[W]hile I was carrying my .30-06 and .45 from the car up to my room I had an interesting run in with someone. I usually check to see if someone is in the hallway before I start loading or unloading guns (from the car), as I don't want anyone to know that I have them (until they have entered my apartment without permission). I checked, and then proceeded to take them from my car to my room. A girl opened her door, said simply "oh my God" and slammed the door closed...and then dead-bolted and chained the door. I guess I'm just used to back at home, where if you had a gun people wanted to know what make/model/caliber it is or how the hunting was.

6 comments:

Kevin Wilmeth said...

Well, here's hoping GK doesn't now get a little knock on his door at an inconvenient time.

We can only presume that in an identical situation an Only One, similarly strapped with "patrol" sidearm and longarm would have caused no such Pavolvian response. I suspect the tender miss has been well-trained in that way.

Anyone else find it ironic that such emotional hysteria comes from an absolute dehumanizing focus on the weapon?

jon said...

i hope GK left that poor girl a card or a note.

Anonymous said...

The girl mentioned in GK's note is something we're seeing more and more of and the media is a big driving force behind it. People who own / carry guns are being portrayed as loonies that want to kill as many people as possible. I was in the Walmart buying 9mm, when the very short lady couldn't reach the keys to the cabinet with ammo because it was too high. I offered and got on a small ladder to get them for her. I made the mistake of reaching with my right arm which exposed my holstered 92. Poor woman gasped...
If all the media ever shows is instances were crazy people use guns, then that is the image all of us will have because as the election this yr showed... there is no shortage of naivety in this country.
-Jon - Nashua, NH

tom said...

Racking the slide before continuing on, or bolt-depending on whichever was more handy, would have made it more entertaining.

Half squinty eyes help too with a bit of mumbling. She'll never stand in the way of your cloistered apartment building hell mailbox again.

Regards from a RURAL and FREE part of the USA with NO FOID cards. You should check it out. Might suit you better.

F*#K EM.

Let them eat each other and rape each other when this is all over and done with and I'll be sitting behind the razor wire loading and wondering how I ever made the mistake of living in a IL city many decades ago.

Vinnie said...

He needs to "pseudo apologize" to the lady and take her to the range. Explain that golfers consider putting an inch and a half ball in a hole 4.25-inches in diameter at 150 yards with three shots is a noble sport but putting 3 shots in an inch and a half in one try is horrible.

Anonymous said...

Down in Sanford, Fl, I used to meet my buddies at a semi-rural gas station to carpool to the range. No one blinked when I pulled out my AK47 underfolder (with drum mag inserted) and transferred it to my buddy's trunk. They were busy putting gas in their fishing boats anyway.....