Thursday, February 05, 2009

Treason in Calhoun County

Calhoun County Commission

Agenda Item 12.A. (5) for 2/5/09

WHEREAS, present levels of gun violence in the United States are far higher than in nations which regulate gun purchases more stringently,

NOW, THEREFORE, the Calhoun County Board of Commissioners support:

(1) The renewal of the ban on sale or purchase of assault weapons (making the ban permanent); and

(2) The enactment of laws at all levels of government to make it harder for those with diminished mental capacity or criminal intent firearms either legally or illegally. [sic]
I don't have a link to refer you to--I got this via email.

The meeting is tonight, 7:00 p.m. at the County Building at 315 West Green Street in Marshall, MI in the County Commissioners Chambers on the third floor.

Most of us don't live near there and probably can't make it.

Still, if you'd like to tell these august representatives what you think of their bright idea...

Ordinarily, I'd advise letting them have it, but I don't want to complicate the task facing those who plan on attending and speaking, so I'll use their words and only say "Make sure you are heard loud and clear!"

For those of you who do live nearby, Joel Fulton of the Southside Sportman Club will be addressing the board, and could use all the "warm bodies" he can get:
It is imperative that we be in attendance on Thursday at 7:00 p.m. with a strong show of force to demonstrate that we are adamantly opposed to this resolution and that the adoption of this resolution will have a severe negative impact on the re-election of anyone who votes for it. Now is the time to stand up and I ask you to stand with me on Thursday night to protect all of our rights!
[Via Ron S]

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Role of Dishonor

voteforgerow@gmail.com Lisa Gerow, District 1

ttodd@battle-creek.k12.mi.us Terris Todd, District 2 & Vice Chairman

jhaadsma@mccroskeylaw.com Jim Haadsma, District 3

raelawoffice@yahoo.com Michael Rae, District 4 & Chairman

juliecamp5@gmail.com Julie Camp, District Five (the only Republican)

rarsun@aol.com Rebecca Rocho, District Six

Anonymous said...

There now appears to be a strike through on this agenda item...as if it has been withdrawn. Not sure what this means...maybe they got a taste of public sentiment and pulled it.

Anonymous said...

Way to address "those with diminished mental capacity or criminal intent at all levels of government"!

Anonymous said...

In a way, George W. Bush was right. The Constitution IS "just a goddamned piece of paper" unless WE make it real to these bastards.
They know it's there, in DC, in its high-security museum, copies in Philadelphia and so on. I even have one myself printed on parchment, and I am no politician.
What other vital elements of libertt are they "resolved" to be rid of?

BourneShooter said...

As of 1205hrs MST, this is posted on the link:

"The Resolution Supporting Legislation to Lessen Gun Violence has been removed from the February 5, 2009 Agenda"

Still keep up the emails guys!

Anonymous said...

I got really excited when I spotted the words "enactment of laws" and "diminished mental capacity" in item number two, but when I read all of it, it turned out to be something other than what I expected.

Anonymous said...

Also: "The Resolution Supporting Legislation to Lessen Gun Violence has been removed from the February 5, 2009 Agenda".

Warthog said...

I cannot thank you enough for posting this. I would have sent it from the email I use for my blog, but I was so pissed about it that I just forwarded it off one of my other accounts.

Your support means the world to us, but I fear that this serves as a warning. Is this how the "Community Organizer" in the White House is going to attack us? Is he going to set his minions to moving at local/county levels?

One of the founding fathers said (OK yeah, I forgot which) The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. If this move was initiated in the Obama camp, the Domestic enemy has arrived.

BourneShooter said...

Two emails I got back regarding the issue:


Thank you for letting me know your views. As you likely now know, this item was removed from the agenda yesterday and not before the Commission tonight for a vote.

Becky Rocho
228 Lyon Lake Road
Marshall, MI 49068


I appreciate you adding your voice to the opinions expressed about the resolution. It has been pulled from tonight's agenda. I was planning to vote NO. Please feel free to contact me regarding other county items, in the future.
Sincerely,

Julie Camp
Calhoun County Commissioner
District 5
juliecamp5@gmail.com