Sunday, March 22, 2009

We're the Only Ones Getting Less from More Enough

More US police using gunfire detection system...

But former Boston police lieutenant Thomas Nolan questions whether the money spent on the technology could better be used to hire more police.

"The cops I talk to on the street think ShotSpotter is a joke," said Nolan, associate criminal justice professor at Boston University. [More]
But a sick and dangerous joke nonetheless, considering the overarching "Only One" surveillance society it "normalizes."

By the way, you know the relationship between Shotspotter and "The Black Arrow," don't you? You've read it, right?

[Via Ed M]

4 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

Yes, I know the relationship and I have read "The Black Arrow". It's coming time for him.

ReverendFranz said...

maybe Mike should write one his excellent Praxis colon articles on choosing the right bow and crossbow.

Someone should send him an email

Anonymous said...

Re: ReverendFranz, I think you meant "column" :D

Thanks for posting the link, I have never read Black Arrow and would not have heard of it if I hadn't seen the link. This definitely sounds like a book that I must read and add to my bookshelf.

ReverendFranz said...

Haha, i can see that, didnt think about it that way. I actually meant this colon, and not this one

My apologies for any confusion, and i will try and be more conscious about spelling out punctuation in the future.

Vin Suprynowicz is a great writer, everyone should check out his stuf, Online, at http://www.vinsuprynowicz.com/, Every week on the editorial page of the Las Vegas Review Journal, (newspaper) and his first two books, which are non fiction, Send in the Waco Killers and The Ballad of Carl Drega are highly recommended.