Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Hell with You, Jackie Chan

Jackie Chan has triggered controversy by claiming Chinese people are so chaotic they need to be firmly controlled by the government...

The actor told a forum on the southern Chinese island of Hainan, whose attendees included Wen Jiabao, the Chinese prime minister, he was not sure "freedom" was necessary. [More]
I guess you've got yours, right, "action hero"? And if your own people can't be trusted with freedom, how much less we "foreigners"?

And to maintain that order, you've put yourself squarely in the camp of the Tienanmen murderers, and revealed yourself to be just another grotesque cartoon character like Jingjing and Chacha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I even hear mention of Jackie Chan's name, I want to PUKE.

He can't act for shit. His movies are WACK. He loves playing the masculine role as the invincible cop who is the only person authorized to carry a gun and basically rule over his town.

It doesn't surprise me that he would say something so filthy and careless. I don't watch his movies, and never watched them, since his 'main character' is almost always the powerful, invincible "Only One" who is authorized to defend the disarmed sheep who cannot have guns.

Maybe Chan should get acquainted with Max Mosley. Mosley can wear the Nazi uniform and hold the whip, Chan can be the bitch.

When I was a little bit younger I was a little naive, but now I fully understand the evils of totalitarianism.

To hell with ANYONE who suggests that people should give up their rights to life, liberty and property.

Shawn said...

When I heard this I immediatley lost all respect for him. I will make sure he never gets my money again. He basically said that we needed to suspend freedom. Fuck him!

I wonder what Bruce Lee would say?

Mike H said...

Wouldn't p*** on him if he were on fire.

Life is too short to waste time watching crappola.

Would turn down role in a movie with him