Thursday, April 02, 2009

Meanwhile, Back at the Iowa DOT

Chism said he was stopped for a seat belt violation while driving a grain truck to an Emmetsburg ethanol plant in northwest Iowa. The DOT officer allegedly pulled his gun, shoved it in Chism's face and handcuffed him after harassing him in the hot sun for more than an hour and a half, said Chism's lawyer, Scott Buchanan of Algona.

The farmer never said an impolite word or threatened the officer in any way, Buchanan claimed. He alleged that with the gun pointed at Chism's head, the officer said, "I can do anything I want." Chism was arrested and accused of felony assault on a police officer, but the charge was later dropped.[More]
Gee, we just had one of these guys doing something that smelled funny yesterday.

DOT Officer Keith Truog, huh? Y'know, this is probably a good thing. You could get hurt without a seatbelt. Real bad.

I wonder if Keith really can do anything he wants...? Not that I'd expect anyone to ask him...

3 comments:

DJK said...

You should be able to email him, per this naming convention,

catherine.cutler@dot.iowa.gov

at

Keith.Truog@dot.iowa.gov

AvgJoe said...

If there was any kind of justice in this country. The pig would be sent to prison and everything he owns would be giving to the victim of this violent crime in a civil lawsuit. Anything short of that is proof that the system is a scam.

straightarrow said...

Well, I asked him.

Can you really do anything you want? Really? How about you and I set up a meet, somewhere convenient for us both. I really would like that. I have never met a God before.

Perhaps after I watch you walk on water, I can see you leap tall buildings in a single bound, or I could just spank your punk ass and send you home to your mama.

Just a thought, I never met a God before. What say you? I am 600 miles from you, give or take. Wpuld you be willing to travel 300 miles south to show your power of being able to do anything you want? I'll be easy to recognize, I'll be the sonofabitch laughing at your wife abusing, citizen bullying ass.

Well, how about it?

charles sawders.