Saturday, May 16, 2009

Domestic Diarist Threat in MS Stopped Thanks to Quick Law Enforcement Response

The itinerant journalists of the Motorhome Diaries, who were arrested yesterday in Jones County, Mississippi, are now free on bond, but still face local charges. According to one of the diarists, the arrest -- which started with a traffic stop -- ultimately involved pepper spray and the ransacking of the travelers' vehicle...

In a note to me, Pete Eyre clarifies that he faces no firearms charges, but was threatened with a federal charge and with federal intervention in the case by the ATF...[More]
J.D. Tuccille tells us how, when it comes to government, your motorhome is their castle...

You got a problem with that, boy?

Email contact info doesn't seem to be something they encourage, so I had to use their contact request form, and supposedly someone will get back to me.

Maybe y'all could join me, and think up something appropriate to ask them if they respond...

2 comments:

Defender said...

Sorry, that was arogant of me.
Best I can do is the Chamber of Commerce:


delanac@comcast.net; junem@edajones.com; mitchs@edajones.com donnaw@edajones.com

Defender said...

"Still face charges"?!
GGrrrrr.
I wrote to all Chamber of Commerce officials, and told them I'd fear for my life if I ever crossed their county line. I asked them what they're going to do about their sheriff's department and reminded them that native residents aren't necessarily immune from such treatment by law enforcement, judging by the national news. The prosperity of their county depends on what they do next, I said. If I get a reply I will share it.
If they say the cops were only doing their job, I will translate it into German and send it to them as a printable poster.