Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

I'm off to the store, to make one of those special dinners a guy like me had to know how to cook up in order to get dates back in my single days. Bone-in rib roast with this Amish horseradish I buy typically works real well on occasions like this, where you want to show Sweetie she's appreciated. Add some red potatoes, carrots, parsnips and mushrooms, and then my special Swiss cheese bread...I'd better get busy.

Done blogging for today. Later tonight I have some scanning to do--that library trip I mentioned yesterday paid off. Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I should have an exclusive tomorrow on Gun Rights Examiner.

2 comments:

AvgJoe said...

Thats a lot of work dude. I do the tri-tip roast on the grill. I use Johnny's seasoning and nothing else. I do it slow so it cooks just right. I than steam some spears and bake some spuds. I let her do the rabbit food, her speciality.
Presto! One heck of a great meal and ice cream win's hands down here.
I do this spot on same meal again before the Forth of July. On that day its called Father's day and I get some new boxers on that special day on top of it all.

Mike H said...

Pork roast with peanut sauce, stir fry vegs, cheddar potatoes. Peach pie. Wine, lights and oops kids! Total day. Plus watching Secret Agent (she actually insisted) and Harry Potter.