Wednesday, September 23, 2009

When the Revolution Comes

It's time for all progressive communities to raise our collective voice against idiocy. Otherwise, I fear that it will all come down to armed combat. If some craziness goes down and the right-wing nuts start coming after my friends and family - White, Black, Asian, Latino, Native and LGBT - as a means of self-defense I'm gonna be right there with guns in the air and a beret on my head. [More]
So much misplaced hatred, Ralph Remington. It is not we who believe in the Bill of Rights and restraints on government who advocate disarming minorities.

And fear not. I doubt you'll see an influx of folks who believe like me invading Ward 10 in Minneapolis. If all hell breaks loose to where the scenario you describe becomes possible, I'd look to incidents in the recent past to see the most likely way they'd unfold--and who you'd need a gun to defend yourself against.

5 comments:

Sean said...

I certainly believe this commie moron will be there with his beret on and his gun in the air. Surrendering. His style over substance approach shows that he not only doesn't pack the gear, he doesn't even know what the gear is. Want to protect your friends, family, your LGBT(ugh) compadres? Stop going around telling them, and us, what to do with our lives. Stay out of our lives and business, and we'll stay out of yours, bud. Keep poking with that govt' stick, and you're going to get your balls clawed off.

Kent McManigal said...

Some of his LGBT "friends" are on our side. Has he never heard of the Pink Pistols? The rest of those he is counting on, too. Why does he assume all the groups mentioned are idiots like he is? Is he racist and a hatemonger? We all know the answer to that question, don't we.

1894Cgeystess said...

Good point Kent.

Ask Jeff at Alphecca who the "people of the gun" are....

III

1894C

Kent McManigal said...

This riled me up enough I wrote an Examiner column about it. "Misunderstanding the revolution"

straightarrow said...

I left a comment there, and I didn't swear even once. But I doubt it survives moderation (censorship)