Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scozzafava and Hoffman Campaigns Take Pass on Gun Rights Questionnaire

A few interested readers asked me about sending the respective campaigns the Gun Rights Political Questionnaire, to see if it could be useful in further defining the level of understanding and commitment the candidates have for the right to keep and bear arms. I did, and let the campaigns know I would make their responses available to readers here. [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner looks at a political campaign where who is stronger on gun rights is an issue--but apparently not a big enough one to commit to some specific answers.

Also access an article about RKBA in Nevada and get the latest from my fellow GREs.

Tell a friend?

2 comments:

PolyKahr said...

I went to the GRE and read your article. Really unfortunate. Of course I don't technically have a dog in this fight, but I do think the Hoffman vs. Scozzafava thing perfectly illustrates the out-of-touch character of the current Republican Party leadership. Answering your questionairre would have sealed the deal for many gun owners, conservatives, and Constitutionalists (they are not always the same thing. Go figure.)

Regards,
PolyKahr

Mack said...

David,

Again, a well-written article that examines how people run campaigns.

Doug Hoffman is a nice, conservative CPA. He seems to have little understanding of self-defense as a critical issue, and the WAR on gun owners and self-defense being waged in this country.

I could say he's getting poor advice from his staff, but ultimately, the 'buck' stops at HIS desk. He could make an Executive decision, but it's getting late to do that.

I wonder if any staffer even reads what you writes -- or cares what you think?