Monday, November 23, 2009

Just the Idea

“I’m appalled that someone would even consider it. It was only one incident, and it was just the idea. We do not allow guns in the library, no firearms or any weapon in the library.” [More]
So, Larry Frank: What exactly are you personally prepared to do about it should some nonfictional character decide your signs and your indignant opposition are...unpersuasive?

Go "Shhhh..."?

All those books. You'd think the guy would have learned something. Just what the hell are they teaching at all those liberal arts universities that Larry attended?

Oh. Right.

[Via Say Uncle]

4 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

If you allowed armed LEOs, then you do not forbid guns. Get your story straight, badge licker.

Jselvy said...

Silencers are required for the library. Just because we are armed does not mean that we are inconsiderate.

Warthog said...

I hope you don't mind but I posted on my blog about this story and wrote about the stupidity of signs stopping crime.

I love your blog for finding these idiot stories. Keep up the good work!!!

David Codrea said...

I don't mind at all, Warthog--providing content for others to pick up on is a pretty standard thing to do with blogs, and as you can see, it's not MY story, and I learned of it from Say Uncle.

So not only don't I mind, I thank you.