Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Like Guns Redux

We first discussed Steve Lee here, where I questioned his gun handling practices.

Click here to see him heap praise on the the Australian gun laws enacted after Port Arthur. There's no direct way to link, so you need to click on the "Rocket Launcher Rocker" segment, watch the song, and then the video will refresh to his interview.

See, he gets to blow up cars because it's entertainment, but making it harder for his countrymen to get guns is, in his words, "a good thing."

If I may:

I like gun control
I like it fine
Who cares about you
As long as I have mine...

Right, mate--no worries--as far as us "Americans...disputing gun laws" giving a damn about what you like once this becomes more widely known.

[Via Steven L]

UPDATE: Luke tells me this is a direct link to the interview video.

6 comments:

Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

Here's the direct link, David.

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-AU&brand=ninemsn&vid=b5fac818-b464-4151-9e21-51731c434f38

Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

Mr. Lee thinks that the Port Arthur Massacre "reflected badly on gun owners".

Me, I think it reflected badly on one Martin Bryant, the perpetrator. But then, I've considered the notion of group punishment repugnant since I was first introduced to that infantile (and truly totalitarian) concept in kindergarten.

straightarrow said...

Mr. Lee would be an ass if his character improved by several orders of magnitude. Fuck him, feed him fishheads and rice.

Sendarius said...

I'm sorry Straightarrow, I can't agree. That would be a waste.

Why feed him ANYTHING?

The Port Arthur Massacre brought us gun owners in Australia nothing but pain and frustration.

It was all courtesy of the best Prime Minister the country never had - Janine Howard, who had her husband John's genitals in a (very) little container by the bed.

Jackboot Johnny may have been the nominal PM, but there was no doubt that Janine ruled the roost when it came to policy on firearms, and apologists like Mr Lee are part of the problem.

I say feed him fish heads and rice, skip the fish heads and easy on the rice.

damaged justice said...

Skip the fish heads. The rice is less healthy.

Sean said...

Lee sounds like he's running for Mayor of Chicago.