Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm NOT "the Only One"...

Larimer County Sheriff James Alderden, outraged by the ban, told The Gazette’s opinion department he will undermine it in the interest of student safety. [More]
Excellent man. Let's hope gun owners in his jurisdiction support him. That's a brave move and he does not deserve being hung out to dry with all-too-typical apathy.

You can send him an "attaboy" here.

And you can tell Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS... I mean, CSU Police Chief Wendy Rich-Goldschmidt (the highly-trained "Authorized Journalists" spelled her name wrong) to go enable her own rape and murder and leave your rights the hell alone...uh...looks like you'll have to email the webmaster.

Be sure and take the poll that accompanies the editorial.

[Via William T]

4 comments:

jon said...

james alderden, you may not be an "only one," but you are my only one. and i do apologize.

jon said...

i suspect he's got a copy of sheriff mack's book, america's last hope.

JimB said...

The sheriff...He gets it

Carl Bussjaeger said...

Like many of you I received an email from Sheriff Alderden:

"Again, thank you for taking the time to write but my position really wasn't a difficult or courageous decision to make as some of you have implied. It was simply the right thing to do and in keeping with my sworn oath."

My first thought was to be thankful that peace officers like this are still on the job.

Then I felt guilt for... not being as brave. For resigning to not be a thug.

Now I don't know. I was just a lowly COI, not a sheriff who might change things. It's too late to change the decision, but did I take the coward's way out?