Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Revival

There was another story I've touched on before, and I've been receiving updates on it, but "Project Gunwalker" has kept me so dang busy I have not had time to do anything with it.

You remember Leonard Embody?  Here's a recent email:
My lawsuit against the state was dismissed in summary judgment on 1-21-11. I filed for an amended order and my petition was granted on 2-14-11. This is my lawsuit against the state of Tennessee which claims that Tennessee law prohibiting the loaded carry of handguns is facially unconstitutional.
 
 
His lawsuit has been revived. Here are some related news links :

 
 
 
 
 
And yeah, I know there's no shortage of diss-Embodyers who say he makes us all look bad.  Most of those critics say I make us all look bad, too.

I didn't get into this to be good-looking, and yeah, I know, no danger of that...

2 comments:

Steve in TN said...

Embody did the following:
-Got Costco posted for those of us who carry by acting like a bastard (confirmed by a first hand account from a fellow HCP holder) when confronted by a store employee,
-Walked down the middle of the main boulevard in the ritziest part of town with a blackpowder revolver in his hand and then argued with the responding LEOs and acted like a bastard.
-Went for a stroll with a Drako - which he had painted the tip orange to look like a toy - in the Radner Lake park.

This guy is very lucky that a concerned LEO or citizen hasn't perforated him. He has done more to walk back carry rights in the mid-Tenn area than any anti-gun hoplophobe could have ever dreamed.

Anonymous said...

1. Costco has never been proven.
2. Belle Meade harrassed Embody for obeying the "open carry in the hand" law.
3. Embody legally carried the ak pistol in a park and the cops said he wasn't a threat.

No laws have been passed infringing upon gun rights because of Embody's legal actions.