Monday, April 09, 2012

An End Run in MD

That's right – they want to change the current law to let them create a new training requirement just to buy a firearm.

If you're a Maryland gun owner, read this and share it with your friends.

Then use this to make your views known.  That's a pretty cool tool.

I understand this is happening now--something about the legislature convening at midnight, so immediate action is needed. Sorry, I've been focused on other priorities, this just came across the transom, and I have not had time to educate myself on it.

I'm going to ask the fine folks at MSI to add me to their alert list so hopefully the next time I get a notice it will give me some time to help get the word out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ironic they should try this when DC just DROPPED their training requirement, in the wake of Heller and under the threat of a new lawsuit.

Anonymous said...

Considering that the EVERY SINGLE PERSON who was legally allowed to carry concealed in MD AND who committed a violent crime in the last 3 years was an LEO, elected official, or officer of the court--ALL people with extensive training and knowledge of the law--it is obvious that if anything, excessive training actually makes one MORE likely to misuse a gun to commit a violent crime in MD, at least from a statistical analysis POV...