Friday, September 07, 2012

FFLGuard eNewsletter

Issue 2, August 2012 is now online. [Read]

Many of you don't know this about me, but I spent many, many years specializing in policies, procedures and system manuals for a large defense contractor and a medical practice management conglomerate, as well as being directly responsible for compliance in a pharmaceutical manufacturing firm and a medical device manufacturing operation--all intensely regulated industries with rigorous government oversight audits that can carry severe civil and criminal penalties for noncompliance.

I can't imagine setting out in any highly-regulated business without controls in place to assure my organization was demonstrably operating within industry requirements any more than I can imagine setting off across the sea in a ship without charts and instrumentation/navigation aids and operations, maintenance and repair protocols and instructions. A service like this makes such validation systems available and affordable for not just the big establishments, but for smaller operators, too.

Having documented the business and life-changing dangers FFLs face many times over the years, from what ATF did to Red's Trading Post, to Project Gunwalker to the persecution of the Reese family and more, I consider such services and tools essential for competitiveness and for basic survival.

By way of full disclosure, I never have received a dime from these folks and I'm not an FFL, so there's nothing in it for me to call your attention to them one way or another except that having a thriving firearms supply and distribution network in this country is something I consider essential to freedom (actually, recommending this works against my personal financial interests--I get compensation for my Examiner articles, and writing about gun dealers who get in trouble with ATF always seems to generate page views). My support is based on professional respect for the services they provide and personal respect for the way I've seen them express and conduct themselves.  If you are an FFL, or have a friend who is one, I suggest you follow this link to learn more.

1 comment:

Robert Fowler said...

Those of us that are FFL's appreciate every thing you do. Keep up the good work.