Friday, November 02, 2012

In the Docket

Leonard Embody's case... [More

Here's the cert petition.

Will SCOTUS elect to hear it? I know many on "our side" put the guy down for being provocative, and others are worried that it's not the right case at the right time and will set bad precedent, but really, since when are self-designated Second Amendment activists supposed to side with "Only Ones" taking any of the people hostage at gunpoint for simply bearing arms?

There's something to be said for knowing what limits the courts think can be imposed. You can't push them if you don't know exactly where they are.

3 comments:

kadar said...

David, it is not that the 2A activists align themselves with the only ones, it is that kwikrnu aligned himself with only with his own self interest.

forum.pafoa.org/1415181-post-159.html

"I don't care about your rights and your name isn't attached to my suit. I'm not a pro-gun group and never promised to defend your right to carry in court. When your right to carry in Tennessee is infringed feel free to file your suit."

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=6824219&postcount=57

" I will get a decision that confirms my theory or confirms the judge's theory. That is what my $400 will pay for. I don't care if it hurts Gura or anyone else. They should welcome the case law."


He does not care who a bad decision may hurt as long as he gets his 15 minutes.
This is not the type of person to align oneself with.

Anonymous said...

Bad case law is good case law. Ever actually read the text of the Heller decision? It effectively reads "the right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed can be infringed". Judges do not create or revoke rights. "Good" case law can make things easier in the short term, yet bad case law is a wonderful tool to use on the minds of individuals open to learn that each of them are the bedrock which government rests and relies on, rather than a collection of elites attired in black dresses.

-PG

Leonard Embody said...

The Second Amendment does not limit me to bearing a small concealed handgun. If I choose to bear an AK pistol as I did I should not be confronted and accosted as I was. I grow tired of listening to purported "gun rights supporters" who say I should not exercise my right to bear arms.

I paid for this lawsuit and I will file more when my rights are violated.