Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Supply and Demand

I've been told in comments to yesterday's column to get a clue about it, and that there's no such thing as price gouging in a free market.

I guess the clue I've been missing is that we have a free market -- for guns or anything. Even the black market is subject to artificial disruptions by those who will brook no competition to the established order, which ensures the bosses get their taste.

In the midst of all the frenzy, it's nice to see principled businesses show us that leadership is best exhibited through personal conduct. I know nothing about Daniel Defense except what I read in this story. What it tells me is they are a company we all should learn more about and measure their competitors against.

2 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

My only complaint would be that they give special financing for reavers. Why favor the enemy?

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

I have Daniel Defense quad rail handguards on two of my ARs. Not cheap, but it's good gear. Glad to see that they deserve respect for their business ethics, as well.