Thursday, February 21, 2013

Speaking of Keeping Kids Safe

How would one commit a misdemeanor sex offense against a child? [Read]

I'm thinking maybe if they just attempt something? That still seems pretty damned heinous.

Or maybe teenagers skirting around the age of consent?  Kids playing doctor or taking and forwarding stupid pictures?

I'm trying to wrap my head around what is a clear-cut crime and what isn't, and if the former, I'm just not seeing anything less than a  felony.  If somebody diddles a kid, sorry, they're broke beyond fixing. They can't be trusted without a custodian.

You realize, of course, a few years from now, manipulated public opinion will label me as an intolerant hater and a pedophiliaphobe or some such for believing this way... "top men" are working on that as we speak.

1 comment:

Longbow said...

This is about ever expanding list of disqualifying offenses. The Lautenberg amendment about "misdemeanor domestic violence" was the toe in the door.

I mean, how can you possibly oppose...? You're against women! You're against children! You're against old people and puppies!