Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reading List

The Captain's Journal has posted one, along with insightful commentary. [More]

In re his first observation, about adjusting counsel to accommodate for physical limitations and age, being part of the demographic that would have to rely on old age and treachery rather than youth-enabled conditioning and skills, I would just have to do what I can and realize I'd probably die if forced to take on what I can't.

God may be merciful, but His universe does not adjust its rules to accommodate such inequities.  Some tests, us old guys will fail.  Others, we might surprise people.

Not to say we should just give up altogether on the physical--but like the line goes, a man's gotta know his limitations. Plus, I have other priorities that would suffer if I spent the time needed for those chasing something I can never hope to capture.

This will change for the worse in a few years, but right now I'll get several miles with a full pack.  No idea how many. After that, you'll be leaving me.

And the world keeps on spinnin'.

No comments: