Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Be Careful What You Comment On

Our good friends the hive insects have another rant, one where they think they've got us, but of course, are merely once more demonstrating that tendency from which kapos arise. [More]

Notice how all the comments are fawning and in full approval. Funny thing, the links embedded in each name seem to produce a "Page won't load" message, a free website ad, or route me to my own Facebook page. You might want to see if you get similar results.

You might also want to see if they allow non-fluffing comments to make it through. As one of the fields on the submission form is for a website url, it would be funny if we could basically exploit them to direct traffic to pro-RKBA websites, kind of like using them for free ads.

We briefly touched on what CSGV is ranting about last week, linking to an Oregon Firearms Federation alert.  It probably won't be today, but maybe I can find time tomorrow to get into more details, assuming Kurt doesn't smack them around first.  He's pretty good at that, and I'd hate to spoil his fun.

In the mean time, I noticed a sidebar click-through on the CSGV page that's pretty telling, and not just because Wall of Separation Prozis are invoking the name of God. First of all, it presents a miracle as the only intervention option, and second, what do you do if you're in both a "gun-free zone" and one of those "God-free zones," like a public school...?

Follow it through to the story they're  highlighting, and what we notice is the stopping power of a restraining order, both at protecting the target and at defanging the predator. Seems like there's a maxim in there somewhere.

That in turn beings us back to a question CSGV will never answer:
Yes or no: Would you rather see a woman brutalized and killed than armed with a gun for self-defense?
Try it and see if you can get them to just answer the damn question, instead of deflecting, avoiding, and insulting.

I wish they'd prove me wrong, as the woman in their example was in a public setting, and would have needed to be carrying outside the home.

4 comments:

Kevin Starrett said...

I tried to leave a comment thanking them for providing links to our website so people could get the truth about the Governor's abuse of power. To my surprise... it was never published!

Old Jarhead said...

I tried to go to some of those embedded websites, yet not a single one would go. I suspect each and every comment was created from just a few different computers, probably all in the same office. I am SHOCKED! Sort of.

rexxhead said...

I just left a comment (innocuous) to test this. It did not post immediately. Whether it will post later on is still unknown, but I didn't see anything by Kevin unless he's gone over to the Dark Side...

Anonymous said...

I posted a comment critizing a particular article.....never published!
I kinda figured out that they wouldn't publish a pro gun comment........So I sent them another comment patting them on the back for holding the "conversation" and telling them thier a bunch of cowards.......again nothing!


Roger V. Tranfaglia