Wednesday, January 07, 2015

The Perks of Being an Authorized Journalist

Thursday, October 23, 2014 FBI warns journalists about ISIS...in America The FBI sent this alert out to news organizations and journalists this afternoon... [More]
I guess one of the perks is a heads-up about maybe getting kidnapped and having your head sawed off on video. I just learned of this today from a colleague who got the memo when it came out. How they determined who qualified receiving it would be a good thing to determine, especially since, in addition to being #justablogger, I'm actually a "real reporter" with a press card issued from a national media organization and everything -- plus, I know for a fact DOJ knows about me.

They know about this guy, too, but truth be known, there are no doubt some who wouldn't lose any sleep over taking him out themselves.

But that's not the point either. Not that I particularly consider myself a target of any note, and I understand I'd probably have a greater chance of winning at Power Ball (party at my place when I do!), but we all deserve to know about this.

So look at what a search for the title returns.

The fact that I needed to go offsite from FBI.gov to find a transcript, as opposed to being able to find a posted copy with press release on site, would seem to indicate somebody made a conscious decision to play what they perceived to be a threat to human life close to the vest.  Who and why?

Maybe it's there-- but it sure isn't easy to find.

2 comments:

Maxwell said...

This is news?
They've apparently been pouring over our Southern border for months, and according to our own government, they've "earned the right to be here".
As for them not telling *certain* members of the press, well, that's hardly a surprise either, is it? Some animals....

(Keep up the excellent work.)

David Codrea said...

True, and it's been a lot longer than months. The "news" is that FBI evidently has intel on a new effort to target U.S. journalists in a big way.