Tuesday, February 17, 2015

About that Proposed ATF Ammo Ban

I don't see anything yet on Regulations.gov, which typically also posts submitted comments.

Ditto, I don't see it over at the Federal Register.

I admit I don't have that much experience navigating either site. If anyone does, please advise, because I'm not seeing how they can have a 30-day comment period, but not have the rule change posted yet.  I'm wondering if someone at ATF posted something prematurely on their site.

Anyone with insights to educate on this, please share them. Am I even looking in the right place?

UPDATE: I left a voice mail with ATF to ask about this.

[More]

2 comments:

joel stoner said...

Regulations.gov is where batfe allows public comment on proposed regulations.
Currently they have nothing on that site allowing comments on an Ammunition regulation change.

Bear said...

I searched, too. Can't find any official notice either. I wonder if they aren't trying to dodge the requirements by calling it a "framework" instead of rule or reg; I notice their document keeps using that term.

But did you notice the "History" entry on the ATF page... about their history of (dear bog)... diversity?