Saturday, April 18, 2015

All is Well

I guess people get used to things.  Several have contacted me asking if everything is OK because I didn't post yesterday.

Sometimes real life calls. I was out all day yesterday taking care of other business, and unless somebody comes over and volunteers to do my first yard work of Spring for me, I have some rich, full days ahead of me this weekend.

It's funny -- I had the same thing happen earlier this month when I went quiet for a day, and reminded the inquirers it was Easter. I'm grateful for the concern, but the truth of the matter is as simple as I have plenty of real world things needing attention -- including R&R -- that have nothing to do with being plugged into the virtual one.

I may get a post out later today, I may not.  The thought of sitting under the trees later this afternoon with a book, a beer and a stogie after I finish up today's labors seems pretty attractive. Ditto for tomorrow.  Right now, it's a beautiful day and it's late enough in the morning to where I don't need to worry about noise waking the neighbors.

So thanks for asking. I'm OK.

5 comments:

bondmen said...

All is well ... that ends well, but it is not yet over! I for one am happy about that, we've more work to do turning nefarious, traitorous "progressive" plans upside down and inside out. After a well deserved hard days physical effort plus a bit o' relaxation and libation, we shall resume in earnest, refreshed and recommitted to extending and broadening liberty and freedom throughout our land, the last best place for mankind to aspire and prosper.

Robert Fowler said...

It's funny how some people don't think you have a real life. Enjoy your weekend.

MamaLiberty said...

Good to hear you are enjoying life, rather than being under fire somehow. :) I check in each day, but don't get worried unless I don't see anything for more than 48 hours or so... and I watch Sipsey St. for news too, figuring Mike will say something if there's trouble.

Don't always agree with you, David, but I care... and so do many others. And those who truly care are glad when you take some time to relax and enjoy life.

Hope to see you back by Monday... but if not, I'll be back on Tuesday just in case. :)

Anonymous said...

safely rest,

Anonymous said...

Good you're well. I'm not well down here in Texas. The senate and now the Reps have attacked the Second Amendment. People need a license to carry open. Before they couldn't legally carry open, but now the people in Texas have to: Pay money, get a mug shot and be fingerprinted, then have a background investigation to carry a firearm/handgun in public. Yet many in the Second Amendment arena are jumping up and down as if they have done something really great. They have kicked the Second Amendment in the teeth. What's next, a license to worship, home school, post in a blog or write a letter to a publication, and lets not forget a license to be parents. Where moms and dads need to go to state sponsored training to be parents and then pay for a license or CPS will take the kid at the hospital until the program is done and a license is issued. Do any of you really think this is a win, having to get a license to legally carry a pistol in the open on your hip. Its not and I don't want to hear, "its a start". A start in the wrong direction to start licensing our Constitutional rights, thats what its a start for. Hopefully the governor vetoes this trash, we are better off without the "privilege", which is what the license is all about, a privilege. Idiots!