Monday, December 14, 2015

Outnumbering

Pro-gun supporters outnumbered the anti-gun crowd by about a third; about 120 to 70-80 respectively. [More]
That's despite all the Bloomberg money and all the free media ads masked as news.

Still -- "our side" should have drawn thousands. The fact that it didn't shows  too many gun  owners still don't act like they need to actually do anything.

I’m reminded of a rally I participated in many years ago, when I lived in Southern California—the Million Moms had a rally in front of the federal building in LA’s Westwood neighborhood (interestingly, we were in front of a veteran’s cemetery), with moneyed special interests busing numbers in, naturally, and our folks set up a line across the street. Out of the entire Los Angeles area, we only got about 250 supporters to join us throughout the day, never all there at the same time. It was especially appalling, because a week or so earlier, 40,000 managed to drag themselves to the Pomona Fairgrounds for the largest gun show in the west.

We just saw a guy from Maine send in a donation to Nevada. Any Silver State gun owner still not lifting a finger deserves what happens to him. If I could make it happen, I'd out every gun-related business in Nevada not supporting the effort to fight Bloomberg. If I were an FFL or range operator, if you couldn't prove you were part of the fight against the antis, I'd tell you to get the hell off my property.

No comments: