Monday, January 25, 2016

Hubris or Agenda?

Star Tribune: Donald Trump: Supporters would stick with me if I shot someone 'in the middle of Fifth Avenue'

ABC NewsDonald Trump Jokes He Could 'Shoot Somebody' Without Losing Support

Everybody else:

They're all leaving out two critical pieces of information-- context and who he is attributing that sentiment to:
The people, my people, are so smart, and you know what else they say about my people -- the polls -- they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any votes, OK? It's like incredible.
Look, I realize The Donald is responsible for no shortage of problematic past actions and statements -- I've written about them numerous times. I'm not a Kool Aid-drinking Trumpster, and agree with Mike on the dangers of demagogues.

That said, I'm not going to be distracted by yet more Fourth Estate Fifth Columnist sins of omission and manipulation. Especially when we see they've praised outrageous statements from actual criminal Democrats.

It's the way the guy talks, and the political/media establishment is desperate for whatever avenue of attack it can pry open. Make more of Trump's unscripted spontaneous statement than that if you like, but just understand plenty of people with an agenda to impose are counting on that.

No comments: