Monday, March 07, 2016

Who You Gonna Believe, Us or Your Lying Eyes?


The City of Phoenix has "No Guns" signs on its buses that it's not authorized to enforce.

This is from a Yahoo group that I'm not a member of, so the link won't work for you unless you are. Here's how they're saying the city responded to an inquiry about the signs:
Mr. Jones:

You recently inquired about a sign on our buses. The sign depicts various visuals and is intended to address the improper use of items such as weapons on our buses. Guns are and have been allowed on our buses. It is only when there is misconduct involving guns that the authorities are
notified. We have very few incidents, but the signs are intended to remind passengers that guns must be handled appropriately. We appreciate your concern regarding the rights that we all have in our community. If you see anything on one of our public transit buses that you believe is contrary to what I state here, we want to know. Please feel free to email or call me at the number below.

Thank you again for being a customer in our public transit system and for your concern. Best wishes in everything.

Maria Hyatt
Public Transit Director
City of Phoenix
(W) 602-534-6765
Maria.hyatt@phoenix.gov
What is it about these people and signs?

[Via Henry Bowman]

2 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

We don't see many of those silly signs around here, and I mostly ignore them anyway, but I did happen to stop and read the "sign" on the post office door. Seems only armed robbery is prohibited. No real need for a sign then, since armed robbery is pretty much prohibited everywhere. Except for the armed robbery carried out by the government itself, of course. Something very wrong with this picture...

Kent McManigal said...

I'm glad to know that's what those symbols mean. Here I always thought they signified an anti-liberty bigot- now I know they only mean to remind me not to handle my gun carelessly.