Monday, November 27, 2017

Well Doesn't That Just Explain Everything?

Though I hadn't admitted this to myself earlier, it was perhaps inevitable that the very first thing I did when I brought the gun home and was alone with it was to put it in my mouth. [More]
Just the "progressive" whose opinion on the subject I'd value...

Sure had to wade through a lot of virtue-oozing BS to find out the guy is certifiable, although in retrospect there were clues...

"The first time I was hospitalized for acting on suicidal ideation" suggests there have been others, and the admission "I take medication to help. But I've only been taking it for about 10 years" makes me wonder if question 11.f. resulted in complete candor and a rational decision to proceed with a transfer.

And "Dad," who knew his history, didn't find it strange?

I can imagine this being a posthumous article titled "I bought a gun to kill myself and did, thanks to lax gun laws." And I can imagine the comments from appreciative "progressive" readers being equally congratulatory and supportive.

[Via Jeet]

3 comments:

Pat H. said...

Looks like "whack job" is a prohibited person who illegally purchased a firearm.

Arrest him.

Backwoods Engineer said...

Francis Schaeffer perfectly described these Progressives. I'll summarize. Having removed God from their philosophy, then morality, they repair to reason.
But reason in a closed, cold universe necessarily brings them to despair. To avoid despair, they resort to insanity, which doesn't really work, and the combination of despair and insanity eventually brings them either to thoughts of suicide, or mass homicide, or both.

It's no wonder Progs don't want people to have guns. It's projection. They themselves would have thoughts of alternately murdering everyone they know, or putting the gun in their mouth. Sick, horrible people.

Ed said...

"When I got the gun home, I stared at it, held it, pondered it, and tried hard to think of it as mine. There it was, undeniably owned by me, in all its clunky, boxy, Glocky glory.

Sitting there on my kitchen table, unloaded but next to a box of bullets, it was almost as though the gun was pulsating."

Umm, are we sure that he he is really referring to a Glock?
Especially when he felt compelled to put it in his mouth.