Friday, January 11, 2019

Personas Prohibidas

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System listed 7,836,600 “illegal/unlawful alien” as of 2018. That number has been increasing in recent years. [More]
People actually check that box?

Is it safe to assume most of those would be adult males? That would mean the total population would have to be a hell of a lot more than the often cited "12 million."

Then I see"3,300 were denied."

I'm sorry, I'm just not getting what this report is telling me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

David, the records referred to in the report appear to be from federal, state, local and tribal prohibited persons indexed into the FBI's system, not NICS denials, as I read it. See- https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/2017-nics-operations-report.pdf/view
page 30 of 33
Kind regards,
AJK

Henry said...

Blame the paper. They screwed up the report, then did only a half-assed job of correcting the article.

The large number is the cumulative number of names permanently barred, not an annual figure (though they still left the words "this year" in the first sentence).

I assume the buyer didn't check the box, but the people in DC ran his information and determined he was bogus or using forged credentials. Though I'm sure some of these buyers were stupid enough to present one of those official "I am not a citizen" state ID cards to the FFL as identification.

https://immigration.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005535