Wednesday, January 04, 2006

About Marion Barry Being Robbed...

As I commented on Blognomicon:
This whole story doesn't smell right.

Are we to believe Barry doesn't know street hoods when he sees them? That he gave them a few dollars to carry groceries?

They came back and he invited them in?

Why do I cynically suspect he wanted a drug deal, and they saw an opportunity?

The fact that he says he has "no animosity" and is pledging to "advocate non-prosecution" makes me wonder if he's trying to buy silence if they are caught.
"There is a sort of an unwritten code in Washington, among the underworld and the hustlers and these other guys, that I am their friend," Barry said at an afternoon news conference...
That part I'll buy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, I am wondering if this will be his platform to push for "stronger gun laws" nationwide. I can see this piggybacking on the hapenings in NYC.

Wasn't Marion Barry the mayor who was arrested for smoking crack while mayor, and his defense was "B!tch set me up"

Anonymous said...

Crack deal gone bad. Terms are on the table. Robbers don't rat out the intended buy, Barry doesn't testify to their identity.

Does this make the newspapers that carried this offer to commit more crime an accessory?