Tuesday, July 31, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: US ATTY DROPS HARASSMENT CHARGE AGAINST RED'S!

From Ryan Horsley:

Our attorneys have spoken with the US Attorneys office and they have agreed to neutralize the Third Status Concern in which they claim that I harassed and intimidated them. Although an apology would be nice, this will suffice. We are pleased with this decision and with the response that we have received from supporters across the nation who have been following this case.

There is still no court date in sight because of all of the attempts of the ATF to get the judge to terminate our injunction that was granted. I am assuming that the audits will continue but as I was pointing out in my now infamous blog that the scrutiny has dramatically increased, where as in our 2005 audit we had one inspector that covered 5 years worth of paperwork. In the last audit they flew in 2 Inspectors and an Area Supervisor to cover 2 1/2 weeks of paperwork.

That's great news--apparently someone figured out that pressing things would draw more attention than they were willing to endure. What that tells me is shining a floodlight and screaming helps. We all ought to do more of it when the opportunity presents itself.

[More about Red's Trading Post from WarOnGuns]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

For those of you who are hopeful that Mr. Horsley will eventually be able to present his case in a trial of facts, here's the schedule that I've been checking from time to time:

https://ecf.idd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/PublicCalendar.pl

Choose 'Lodge, Edward J.,' and pick the relevant information in the fields below it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news. We have to keep them scrambling.

Beach Girl said...

Really good news. For the moment. The problem is that like with the "illegal alien amnesty" fight, the government has the time and resources on its side and only has to wait us out or wear us out. Thanks for the encouraging news.

And for letting us know about the "harassment" inflicted upon Red's. Keeping attention on this case and applying a bit of pressure from this end and on our representatives - whose only concern is re-election - seems to help.

Anonymous said...

Keeping pressure on our representatives only works if he is honest or partially honest.

I have contacted my Rep. Mike Ross about the misconduct of Jimm Larry Hendren and his possible impeachment, he eventually had a staffer call me to "address my concerns".

She opened her mouth and lied for 20 minutes. Stating that Congress has no power to impeach a federal judge, that Fincher's attorney (Stilley)was a convicted criminal and had been disbarred numerous
times, that Congress' job was not to ensure the constitution was honored by observance. "That's not our job." she said.

I sent my rep (Mike Ross) proof that Congress had previously impeached, convicted and removed federal judges, and I addressed some of what I thought was appallingly unpatriotic and dishonest representations made by his staffer. I never received a response.

Subsequently I emailed him my assessment of his character. It wasn't pretty. But it was deserved. He is a closed avenue for me due to that email, I am sure. But it appears as far as his commitment to his duty as an American and an elected officials goes he has revealed himself to be useless anyway. So no loss.

He had helped me on a personal matter a few years ago and evidently he believes that relieves him of responsibility to his duty.

So if yours is like mine, you may have to try to get him defeated in in the next election before putting pressure on him/her will be of useful effect.

I'm not saying don't do it. I am saying don't expect much if their seats are secure.