Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Gorp: Stupid and Toxic

From HZ:
Chicago's "only ones" assisted in getting the message out today for the Day of Concern. I saw them on the news parading around a school assembly with this book and helping the kiddies make their Student Pledge Against Gun Violence (i.e. "no guns for me" pledge). At first glance, I thought the book was a benign (neither pro gun nor anti gun) gun safety book until I saw the back flap here and realized it's more like touchy-feely feel-good nonsense.

Makes sense to have a gun hater teaching about gun safety instead of Eddie the Eagle.

Anyway, I never heard of the book, the Day of Concern or The Pledge (of course I'm getting old and could have just forgotten)... as usual, wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.

MY PROMISE TO THE GORP
I promise you, Gorp
and Yinklebugs, too
I promise McHenrys
and the Towers, I DO

I promise Ms. Lilly
her chauffeur and Brady
I promise her chef
and her cool cousin Sadie

I want to be safe
and I promise you now
I WON'T play with GUNS
NEVER -- NO HOW !!

Everybody remember "Cat's Paw" from the original Star Trek?
"Spock? Comment?"

"Very bad poetry, Captain."

Aside from the obvious fact that we're dealing with bleatings for fools by fools, this stupid Gorp is actually dangerous, and may get a child killed.:
What do you think
of a Gorp who would drink
29 bottles of silvery ink?

A Gorp who would slurppp
A Gorp who would slopppp
gulping down ink
to the very last
D
R
O
P!

These moronic zealots are encouraging children to emulate the Gorp when accidental poisoning is cited as a "leading cause of death" by the National Safety Council, and accidental firearm deaths don't even make their chart?

How evil is that, to allow your fanaticism to put the lives of children at risk, and why are Daley's goons taking part in exploiting such incompetent child endangerment just so they can maintain their brutal monopoly of power?

7 comments:

the pistolero said...

why are Daley's goons taking part in exploiting such incompetent child endangerment just so they can maintain their brutal monopoly of power?

Because they're evil too. And yes, that's my final answer.

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Next we'll be seeing "Johnny has 2 mommies and NO GUNS" on the library shelves in our schools...

Just last night we had a Letter to the Editor in my local (Illinois) paper from Chris Boyster of the IL Council Against Handgun Violence. He mentions jewels like "It's true that firearms laws are very lax, and this national problem needs a national response." -- He's from Springfield, IL and he thinks we have LAX gun laws???? Has he ever heard of Chicago?? He also has this intelligent comment "We must recognize this nation has a gun problem."

No, dumbass, this nation has a crime problem! You think that if you could magically make every firearm on the face of the planet disappear, you'd have less death and violence. What you'd actually find is that the rate of deaths by hammer (of knife, poison, etc.) will have skyrocketed!

David, do you have an estimate of how many gun laws there are in A) Illinois or B) the US? If you can cite some references for me, I think I'll respond to this moron's letter.

Thanks!

NotClauswitz said...

God lord! Stupid, Evil, and Nasty too - teaching kids to drink ink?? At least you can vote/rate on it at Amazon. I hated it and tagged it "incredibly stupid."

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Thanks a million, David--now I can't stop that stupid "poem" about ink from running, over and over, through my mind. I'll soon be swallowing something toxic, just to escape it.

Anonymous said...

45, just have a beer or 2.

99 bottles of beer on the wall
99 bottles of beer
take one down
pass it around
98 bottles of beer on the wall
98 bottles of beer
take one down
pass it around
97 bottles of beer on the wall
97 bottles of beer
...










You're welcome.. ;-)

David Codrea said...

ProphetJoe: I'm really not big on tracking stats--I use 'em on occasion , but to illustrate a moral or logical point. That said, the nearest authority I can find is NRA-ILA, which claims over 20,000 "gun control" laws on the books in America:
http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=74

I'm sure that includes municipal ordinances, state laws, , federal regs, etc., many of which duplicate each other, but that's the raw number they give. As for Illinois, bottom line, Chicago bans handguns- I believe off the top of my head- not registered before 1982, and of those, they ban ones where registration was not renewed. In addition, Illinois requires the FOID card--I'd go to NRA-ILA and check the Illinois section.

chris horton said...

GORP DORK...
I think that the Gorp,
Is ignorant,I do!
I'll load up my Henrys'
And my 45s' too!

We won't wilt like a lilly,
So listen up Sarah Brady!
Your lies are appaling,
Start acting like a lady!

We'll ALWAYS be safe,
so know this right now,
loaded guns at our place,
ALWAYS ready--AND HOW!